Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Dog's Name is Brutal.


I know that I just wrote a blog less than 24 hours ago, but here I am again. (wait, why can't you say 'here i'm again'?) In today's bloggy, I would like to talk about my dog, Brutal, and our extreme love for each other. I am fully aware of how fucking crazy I may seem after you read this. I know I know I know!

Brutal is a Miniature Pinscher, who's about a year and a half. Bryan and I got him from a nice couple in September of last year, around my birthday. As we were driving home with him in my lap, I realized I didn't really like him that much. He was so cute and sweet and he played with my hair the entire ride home. But I thought I couldn't love another animal as much as I loved our sweet cat, Mr. Susan. I was very worried that they wouldn't get along or that Mr. Susan would be mad at us for loving another baby animal. But that wasn't what happened, at all!

Now that I think about it, I don't know when we started to notice that Mr. S and Bru were becoming BFF's. I don't remember Mr. Susan's reaction to Brutal when we first brought him home. Anyway, they were best friends and brothers. They loved each other very much, which made me very happy. I then started to realize just how much I loved Brutal. By the way, they still love each other, they just don't really remember one another because they have been apart for almost 2 months. :( 

Mr. Susan and Brutal were amazing together. They played A LOT, chased each other, made big messes, and got into trouble together. One time, they were playing with the Christmas tree ornaments, and Brutal pulled down the Christmas tree, breaking my new-favorite ornament. We woke up, in the middle of the night to shattered glass, tree water soaking our carpet, and two super scared animals. They knew they were busted! And Brutal absolutely HATES getting in trouble. His feelings will be hurt all day/night if he gets yelled at. Mr. Susan just runs away... laughing. 

When I lived in Seattle, I brought Brutal everywhere. He came to work with me, if I went to the store, he rode in the car and waited until I came back, I took him to the dog park almost everyday. He went running with me every night, or walked the 3 miles around the lake. We were inseparable. And still are, of course. This is why I have Brutal, and Bryan has Mr. Susan. You can't take a baby away from his mommmmmy!

Now we're here in NY. I bring Brutal with me to work, the corner store, shopping, and stuffs. We hang out all day and all night. When I leave him at home, he cries and howls, and totally annoys my roommates. Then when we see each other after being apart, he gets crazy and jumps and kisses and licks and wiggles. When I'm not with him, I think about him. I think about what he's thinking or what he's doing with his doggyself. I might be crazy, but I think about awful things happening to him, and I get so upset. I just want him to be safe and loved at all times. When we're together, he can never be close enough. Sometimes, it seems like he's trying to climb into my skin. Sometimes, I put my hand underneath his chest while he's sleeping and I'll just feel his little heart beat. It's a nice feeling, but I should never have children. I'm such a crazy dog mom.

Right now, he is laying on my legs, curled up, just as happy as can be. He loves me so much. I have said this before, and it's so true... I'm the first thing he thinks of when he wakes up, and the last thing he thinks of before he goes to sleep. He's totally obsessed with me, as I am him. I have only loved or still love a couple people as much as I love this baby dog. We need each other!


Thanks for not puking all over yourself as you read this silly piece of shit. I truly love you.
bye


6 comments:

erica ruppy said...

Oh I think I feel in love with Brutal after this post too.

Me want a doggy.

Jodi Faye Bullock said...

There are many amazing things here, but one of them is the tags you chose to employ.

I still haven't met Brutal. Ridiculous.

Whitney Chandler said...

Thanks for reading!

Last night Brutal threw up in the middle of the night, as dogs sometimes do, and of course I worried about him all night. I had the most awful dreams of him getting hurt, sick, or dying. I woke up really sad.

Jen Liteky said...

Whit-
I am so glad I read this piece of shit blog! Ha- just joking.
I'ts wonderful to write to unload your mind.. and it's a nice way for us to stay in touch!
I have been writing a blog since Logan's diagnosis with the D.
http://watchoutforyourpancreas.blogspot.com/
Come visit my piece of shit blog, too! Hugs- J

BTK said...

Your forgot to mention Brutal's inner voice. That deep, booming sound in his head, spoken in Black English Dialect.

erica ruppy said...

MORE BLOGS